Cat6 UTP & Cat6 STP /FTP
- Cat6 cable is most common as unshielded twisted pairs (UTP). Cat6 UTP cable is suitable for all data and networking requirements and it is suggested when any screening from electrical interference is not required
- Cat6 Shielded twisted pair (STP or FTP - Foil Shielded Twisted pair) cable is used in environments where extra protection from electrical interference is desired. This can be motors, generators, or other equipment that has a high degree of EMI/RFI (Electro-magnetic interference or Electromagnetic and Radio Frequency Interference .)
Cat6 Solid & Cat6 Stranded
- Solid core conductors allow the cable to be run long distances while maintaining performance, but reduces the number of times it can be flexed. This makes solid cable perfect for permanent installation where the cable will not move much once installed.
- Stranded core is used for making flexible patch cables.This flexibility allows it to be flexed many times with no negative effects on performance over short distences making it perfect for building patch cables.
Cat6 PVC, Cat6 External Grade PE, Cat6 LSOH/LSZH (low smoke zero halogen)
Depending on the environment the cable is going into changes the outer sheathing you will need on the cabe
- PVC sheath is the standard for installation with no special requirement and it is used for internal installations, PVC cable when burned creates harmful halogens that can be posionus this sheathing should not beinstall in public buildings.
- Cat6 External Grade is in Polyetheleyne (PE) jacket for use in outdoors applications. It is designed to be waterproof and UV resistant.
- Low smoke zero halogen (LSOH or LSZH) outer jacket adds security in case of fire as the fumes generated from low smoke cables are less harmful than PVC or PE outer sheaths.